Writing a Workout series bestseller that takes on the world by storm is a piece of artwork and the ability to shape those words into action requires a disciplined approach and lifestyle. Darclee Warshoff believes in a well structured but simple approach that delivers. It is easy to pronounce to the world and write about the importance of working out and eating healthy foods, but to be able to implement all that is written on adhering to a workout routine and incorporating a healthy diet plan requires determination and dedication – these are what Darclee strives for!
Today, Darclee Warshoff shifts from mugshot blogs and the importance of workout write-ups to the healthy eating aspect. Here is where she talks about a few recipes that can boost health by fighting fat.
Bringing to you, the flavors from the Middle East, this is a recipe that will definitely get you hungry and asking for more.
#Chicken Shawarma in Pita Bread Recipe
To prepare the meatballs, you would need three tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth, two tablespoons tahini paste, one tablespoon honey, one teaspoon ground ginger, one teaspoon ground allspice, half teaspoon ground red pepper, half teaspoon salt (or as per taste), and one pound minced chicken breasts.
To serve, you need one cup plain fat-free yogurt, half cup finely chopped onions, a quarter teaspoon salt (or as per taste), four cups shredded lettuce leafs, four whole wheat pita breads (cut into two-halves and toasted), two chopped tomatoes, two tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro,
- Pre-Heat the oven to 375°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with a foil and spray the sheet with cooking oil. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients for the meatballs and add the minced chicken breasts. Shape the mixed minced meat into one and a half inch meatballs. Place them (equally spaced) on the cookie sheet.
- Bake the meatballs for 12 to 15 minutes or until they are almost cooked through.
- Set the oven to a broil mode and place the meatballs about 4 to 6 inches from heat and broil for 2 to 3 minutes until browned. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool down a bit.
- While the chicken meatballs are broiling, mix fat-free yogurt, chopped onions and salt to taste in a small bowl.
- To serve – place half cup lettuce inside each half of the pita bread and top it with 2 meatballs and a quarter cup yogurt sauce. Top it with chopped tomatoes and a dash of chopped cilantro.
Healthy food is essential to living a lifestyle that is devoid of any ailments and replete of wellness benefits. Hence, if you are one of many who believe in quality living, but hasn’t had the time to really incorporate it in your everyday life, now is the time to act. Choose a diet that is packed with essential nutrients and yet, won’t deprive you of the flavor and taste!